St Peter’s Cathedral, Lancaster:
- The mother church of the Diocese of Lancaster, home to Catholics living between Preston and Carlisle
- An active city-centre parish
- A place of prayer
- Home to many concerts and cultural events
- Providing educational tours for schools
- Open to visitors daily, 8:30am-6pm, with occasional exceptions
The Late FR JOSEPH MALEY
Fr Joe Maley, often referred to by his friends as JOCK, died on the 5th October 2018. He will have been known by many parishioners throughout LANCASTER diocese. He was the Parish Priest of The Good Shepherd, Torrisholme for many years. May he rest in peace.
After approximately twenty years since the last time the church was painted, painting commenced today after fund raising by the parish community of St Thomas More. £400 was raised the other Sunday when Afternoon Tea was held. The next event is a hot pot supper on November 4th, after which we will watch the fireworks display over the castle. All are welcome. Painting will take approximately two weeks. Mass will still be celebrated either in the church or hall.
Page 1 of 3